Offshore wind forecasts claim European targets will be met
23 May 2013, Nuclear, Solar, Wind
By the end of 2012 the European offshore wind industry was lagging 14% behind target, but buoyed on by a range of government incentives growth prospects are encouraging. There is significant variation between country outlooks according to Datamonitor's forecasts, but the existing pipeline of future projects is, in theory, sufficient to surpass the 2020 target.
The detailed project pipelines for each country give strong insight into the development potential and provide useful industry knowledge. Growth forecasts for each European country highlight some major growth markets as well as static markets. Detailed insight is provided for each country drawn from in-depth research into each market. Political changes mean that some countries could greatly exceed their 2020 targets while others fall further behind.
The research specifically addresses these issues:
What is the offshore wind market outlook and forecasts for European countries?
Which countries are behind target and which are ahead of target?
Why is Europe behind target and what issues need to be resolved in each country?
What is the status of offshore wind projects in each European country?
What are the future National Renewable Energy Action Plan targets for offshore wind?
Datamonitor's "Offshore Wind Forecasts to 2020" report will be available on the Knowledge Center from the end of May 2013.
www.datamonitorenergy.com / email@example.com / @DatamonitorEN
- A New International Energy Charter fit for the 21st Century
Oil, Gas, 2 June 2015
- Nuclear and hydro will remain key to Sweden's energy future
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 22 December 2014
- The budding Chinese-Polish shale cooperation
Oil, Gas, 17 December 2014
- Czech Republic's power generation heading atomic
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 15 December 2014
- France to become Europe's biggest energy exporter
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 11 December 2014
- Germany still set for nuclear phase-out by 2023
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 4 December 2014
- Scottish energy industry survives major scare
Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 22 September 2014
- Denmark and Germany lead bioenergy and solar power markets in Europe
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 9 September 2014
- France outstrips the rest of Europe in nuclear generation
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 8 September 2014
- Norway leads the way in energy self-sufficiency
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 5 September 2014
- Natural gas and wind to meet majority of UK's energy needs
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 27 August 2014
- E.ON oil, gas, and power division increases profits to ?208m
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 20 August 2014
- Wind power to become Denmark's largest energy source
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 11 August 2014
- Big Six will double profits - but politics is to blame
Gas, Electricity, 5 August 2014
- Norway will export 32TWh of electricity by 2030
Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 1 August 2014
- Australian parliament approves carbon tax cut
Gas, Electricity, 25 July 2014
- UK smart meters will soon be indispensable
Gas, Electricity, 23 July 2014
- Renewable the star player in Italy
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 16 July 2014
- Portugal to become a net exporter by 2017
Electricity, 11 July 2014
- Smart energy: putting consumers first
Gas, Electricity, 10 July 2014