Upcoming Datamonitor Energy research on the B2B TPI market
29 May 2013, Gas, Electricity
This report will be based on primary data collected through Datamonitor's Energy Buyer Research* as well as interviews conducted with suppliers and several leading TPIs in the market with metrics and topics including:
Market split percentages for direct/TPI customers over time in major energy user (MEU) and small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) markets.
Direct/TPI split for industry sectors across SME and MEU markets.
Proportion of intermediated customers by supplier across SME and MEU markets.
Use of B2B switching/comparison sites is this increasing? What impact will it have on the traditional "broker" model?
Effect of wholesale price on TPI use.
Drivers for choosing a TPI over dealing directly with a supplier and how this differs between SME and MEU markets.
Customer satisfaction for direct/TPI customers, including likelihood to renew and likelihood to recommend metrics.
Analysis of TPI use in Big Six vs "newer" entrants into the market and strategy implications.
Analysis of fee structures used by TPIs and perceptions of the customer in terms of fees (impact on supplier relationships with the end customer).
A forecast of TPIs and comparison/switching site usage going forward and an analysis of the drivers behind the forecast.
The report will be available on Datamonitor Energy's Knowledge Center. If you have any questions please contact the report's author, Tom Haddon (email@example.com).
*Energy Buyer Research is a biannual survey that Datamonitor conducts where around 1,000 businesses are asked about customer satisfaction and buying behaviour. Please ask for more details.
www.datamonitorenergy.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / @DatamonitorEN
- A New International Energy Charter fit for the 21st Century
Oil, Gas, 2 June 2015
- Nuclear and hydro will remain key to Sweden's energy future
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 22 December 2014
- The budding Chinese-Polish shale cooperation
Oil, Gas, 17 December 2014
- Czech Republic's power generation heading atomic
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 15 December 2014
- France to become Europe's biggest energy exporter
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 11 December 2014
- Germany still set for nuclear phase-out by 2023
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 4 December 2014
- Scottish energy industry survives major scare
Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 22 September 2014
- Denmark and Germany lead bioenergy and solar power markets in Europe
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 9 September 2014
- France outstrips the rest of Europe in nuclear generation
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 8 September 2014
- Norway leads the way in energy self-sufficiency
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 5 September 2014
- Natural gas and wind to meet majority of UK's energy needs
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 27 August 2014
- E.ON oil, gas, and power division increases profits to ?208m
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 20 August 2014
- Wind power to become Denmark's largest energy source
Gas, Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 11 August 2014
- Big Six will double profits - but politics is to blame
Gas, Electricity, 5 August 2014
- Norway will export 32TWh of electricity by 2030
Electricity, Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 1 August 2014
- Australian parliament approves carbon tax cut
Gas, Electricity, 25 July 2014
- UK smart meters will soon be indispensable
Gas, Electricity, 23 July 2014
- Renewable the star player in Italy
Nuclear, Solar, Wind, 16 July 2014
- Portugal to become a net exporter by 2017
Electricity, 11 July 2014
- Smart energy: putting consumers first
Gas, Electricity, 10 July 2014